The Gut Cause Self Care Program
Private Nutrition Coaching to Transform your Body, Mind, and Soul
“You Are NOT What You Eat…You ARE What You DIGEST”
Personalized One-on-One Health Coaching
“Your Survive 2 Thrive Health Detective”
✅ FUNCTIONAL LAB TESTS AND HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRES ARE SENT DIRECTLY TO YOU.
✅ YOU COMPLETE THE FORMS & SOME LAB TESTS FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME.
✅ ONCE I RECEIVE THE LAB RESULTS AND FORMS, I WILL CREATE A CUSTOMIZED, HOLISTIC PROTOCOL DESIGNED TO DEAL WITH YOUR PARTICULAR HEALING OPPORTUNITIES FOUND.
✅ WE COVER THE PROTOCOL IN DETAIL VIA ZOOM ONLINE VIDEO CONFERENCING. YOU’LL RECEIVE COPIES OF ALL TEST RESULTS, CUSTOMIZED PROTOCOLS, AND RECOMMENDATIONS.
✅ WE PRACTICE TRUE ROOT-CAUSE RESOLUTION, WHICH ALLOWS YOUR BODY TO HEAL NATURALLY.
* This page is about our “With Labs” options. For our “Non Lab” options, please see our Transformational Nutrition Page.
Schedule a FREE 20-Minute Consult Today!
Is this you and are you ready to start the healing process?
• Do you prefer to find the underlying causes of your ongoing health challenges instead of just treating the symptoms?
• Do you want to feel great again, regain your energy and look younger?
• Do you prefer drug-free, natural solutions for health issues?
• Are you looking for a client-centered approach in which choices and solutions are clearly and thoroughly explained?
• Do you have low energy and feel unwell despite “normal” laboratory, medical workups?
• Do you experience ongoing, migrating pain that has no definitive cause?
• Have you been handed a diagnosis of some disease and told that it is incurable or that the only thing that can be done is to control the symptoms with medications?
• Are you unable to engage in life due to low energy and feeling like crap day in and day out?
• Do you often feel like you have to put on a “strong face” despite feeling exhausted and in pain?
• Do you feel misunderstood and/or judged by medical professionals, friends, and family because none of them can relate to what you are going through?
• Do you struggle with recurring flashbacks of painful/traumatic experiences?
• Are you frustrated by not getting any answers and tired of traveling around to doctor’s appointments?
• Have you experienced a collapse and now need to heal your body, mind, and spirit but are feeling lost and don’t know where to begin?
• Are you ready to engage in extreme self-care and make transformative shifts in your life but feel overwhelmed and in need of guidance and support?
• Do you experience significant mental and/or emotional stress that impacts your health – yet you can’t seem to get a handle on it?
• Have you tried several approaches to resolve your health issues with limited to no success?
• Are you confused by all the different dietary theories and conflicting nutrition information?
• Do you wish you could identify and address the underlying causes of your health concerns?
• Are you aware of the stress-pain-illness connection but are feeling stuck in addressing this aspect of healing?
• Are you seeking a practitioner that has experienced long-term pain and illness, understands it, and will work with you collaboratively?
• You lack energy; you struggle to get through the day; you used to be ready to go, now you just want to stay home and veg.
• You have been told you need to make changes or you will need to go on medication soon. You are facing diabetes, obesity or another chronic illness if you don’t make changes now.
• You wake groggy and can’t get going until you have a cup of coffee or two.
• You have tried many different diets and exercise routines, but can’t seem to stick with them. Your busy life leaves you feeling overwhelmed with what to do next for your health.
• You’re bloated and have constipation; you can’t eat what you once did and feel well.
• You just don’t feel well. You may even have had testing done and were told everything looks normal. It is just a part of aging.
• You experience heartburn.
► And most importantly: what do I do now?!
If anything on this list resonates, connect with Bob to learn how he can help you to help yourself.
Stop Chasing Symptoms and get to the Root Cause of your Health Complaints
Join Bob in a customized program to uncover the underlying reasons why you’re not feeling your best. By utilizing Functional Lab Testing and implementing a practical diet and lifestyle strategies customized for you, you’ll be taking control of your own health and learn how to re-balance and support your body. With proper diet and lifestyle optimal health can be restored and you’ll find feeling great again is possible!
• Are you tired of conflicting nutritional advice?
• Rather than chasing symptoms, do you wish you could find the root cause of your health concerns?
• Do you long for a practitioner who is “client-centered” and will educate you about your choices?
• Do you prefer drug free, natural holistic approaches for health?
• Would you like to have restored vitality, more energy & look and feel younger?
• Is low energy something I should just accept and learn to live with?
• Is it even possible to heal? I have been feeling like crap for so long!
• Will I ever get back to the weight I was before?
• Will I have to use these pills and creams (that really don’t work) for the rest of my life?
If you’re like me, you’ve spent countless hours, days and maybe even years dedicated to finding answers to your health issues and now that you’re here you can stop watching what seems like every health summit ever made. While those summits may be great resources of information, I don’t know a single person who has healed themselves from them.
You’ve tried numerous detoxes, supplements and modalities and while some seemed to work, they were all short lived. You’ve been hours on the phone making appointments, going to specialist after specialist and sleepless nights reading random blogs and WebMD only still feel like you do now!
The good news is this shows you care and you want to feel alive again and participate in the world rather than watching it go bye, but you just need to find that missing piece to make it all make sense.
What if there was a proven way to figure out exactly what is wrong with you and know the exact steps you need to take to fix it? What would that be like? What would you do with all the free time and energy?
Having a customized plan of what to eat and habits to create so that you can’t help but see measurable results over time.
Becoming educated and informed on key elements of your health (simple concepts that are unknown by most) so that you do not have to always default to conventional treatments.
• Weight that is healthy and stable
• Getting pregnant easily and having a healthy pregnancy
• A clear mental state that helps you feel focused and confident
• A strong immune system that keeps you healthy all winter long
• Insane levels of energy and no more late afternoon crashes
• Happy digestion – once a day bowel movements that are well-formed and complete
• Deep restful sleep that makes you feel fantastic all day long
• Clear skin that gets you compliments
Becoming laser focused on the best way to approach your unique health problems (through top of the line lab tests that are often skipped by conventional doctors)
Finally having the energy to not just get through the day but to enjoy those physical activities you have since forgotten and be active with your friends.
Gaining confidence and self-esteem that will attract new relationships, happiness, and Joy sooo much more effortlessly into your life.
Having invaluable insight into preventative health and how to decrease risk for all those scary diseases we want to try to avoid.
Then connect with me to get updates and info about how I can help YOU!
Functional Diagnostic Nutrition & Transformational Nutrition Consulting with Bob
I am extremely proud to be a Certified FDN Practitioner in practicing my Epigenetic Mastery!
Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® is a system of holistic healthcare that uses functional laboratory testing to seek out the underlying causes that are at the root of most common health concerns. It’s not about diagnosing, treating, or managing disease.
This is a methodical system of investigation that is centered on building an understanding of the client and his/her unique biochemistry. By employing the appropriate lab work, I am able to help my clients achieve consistent improvements to many common health problems. Instead of focusing on specific conditions or symptoms, a functional approach looks at the whole body non-specifically; making observations, identifying hidden, physiological stressors that are at the core of dis-ease, and seeking healing opportunities.
Functional Medicine uses numerous different types of specialized, functional laboratory tests to help identify hidden stressors within the body in the areas of digestion, detoxification, hormones, cellular health, immune function, and neural tissue health. Once stressors and malfunction are identified, holistic and drug free approaches are used to support the body, stimulate innate healing potential, and gently guide the mind and body back to a state of balance and optimal function. We understand and teach that the foundation for health begins with cultivating a mindset for healing and transformation, establishing a nourishing lifestyle, and optimizing nutrition.
Clients are presented with and coached around an opt-in, self-care model of building health that will foster deep healing and sustain them for a lifetime. Functional Medicine seeks to educate about fundamental health building principles as represented by D.R.E.S.S for Health Success®. Within this model, clients are supported and educated on all areas of rebuilding their health including: Diet, Rest, Exercise, Sleep, Stress Reduction, and Supplementation (targeted and individualized).
Functional Medicine views illness, regardless of the diagnosis, as a state of dis-ease. When the mind-body system falls out of balance, a person can longer adapt to and overcome physical, physiological, emotional, mental, or spiritual stressors.
This is a proven system that has helped thousands of individuals to restore optimal health. Laboratory testing according to the FDN model can be used in tandem with your personalized Nutrition and Health program. As we embrace bio-individuality; healing protocols are highly customized to the person and their unique situation rather than to specific conditions.
Bob empowers you through by getting to the root cause of health problems with the use of laboratory testing. By utilizing a variety of tests, he can identify where the issues lie in the body and how healing opportunities can be supported. Instead of chasing symptoms, FDN accelerates the possibility of healing by basing protocols on your lab results. Depending on what comes up in the lab tests and what unique struggles you are having, Bob constructs a customized, natural, drug-free program to restore the body back to health so that symptoms subside and your vitality heightens.
Bob also empowers you through a combination of science, psychology, and self-actualization to make lasting changes in your relationship with food and well-being. By developing your knowledge of healthy practices, providing recommended strategies and fostering personalized motivation, tangible and sustainable transformation takes place. The process acknowledges your individuality and creates an outcome where you take control of your own health. Bob uses Transformational Nutrition Coaching to increase vitality, including weight loss, mental and physical energy, anti-aging, stress reduction and more.
From my Why I Do What I DO page you learned about me and my journey, and I believe this journey was done for me, not to me, as such my decades of experience and training from Functional Diagnostic Nutrition (FDN) and Holistic Nutrition Labs allows me to offer to you one of the most comprehensive and effective online health coaching programs in the world, where we test, not guess and educate rather than medicate.
I’ve been mentored by some of the best of the best in the industry and taken what I’ve learned through decades of trial and error, not to mention 100’s of thousands of dollars to make a unique program for you that is truly transformational and unique.
This program distills the best of what I’ve learned and practiced into a methodical, step-by-step system for going from stuck and confused to crystal clear.
Functional Lab Tests
The following are examples of some functional tests commonly ordered through this program.
Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormone Profile
The DUTCH is a more complete panel that provides insight into how hormones are processed in the body. This test evaluates both sex hormones and stress hormones giving excellent details about hormone health. Chronic adrenal stress resulting in an abnormal cortisol (“the stress hormone”) can negatively influence energy, the immune system, muscle and joint function, sleep quality; liver, pancreas and thyroid function. The test also provides information about Androgen metabolites (testosterone, DHT, DHEA), progesterone metabolites, and the three estrogens and their metabolites. An additional maker for the “sleep hormone” melatonin, provides clues about sleep disruption and even gives insight into gut function too. You can read more about this here.
BioHealth 205 Metabolic Panel (Saliva): The Functional Adrenal Stress Profile Plus V (#205) analyzes 4 cortisol values throughout the day, averages 2 DHEA-S values, and looks at singular levels for Estradiol, Estriol, Progesterone, Testosterone, and Melatonin. This profile is a cornerstone assessment for adrenal cortisol output, aka. adrenal rhythm, as well as a snapshot at sex hormone production and melatonin. This test is useful for anyone wanting to assess the function of adrenal cortisol, DHEA-S values, melatonin, and sex hormones. Doctors often use this test to analyze the overall health of someone’s adrenal hormone system in relationship to fatigue, poor sleep, immune system problems, poor vitality, as well as individuals with sex hormone output issues, i.e. menstruation issues and low libido. Read more about this here.
BioHealth 101 Metabolic Panel (Urine): This lab is an easy and convenient screening for some of the body’s most important and fundamental functions: digestion, antioxidant capacity, and detoxification. The three markers of this lab (indican, lipid peroxides, and bile acids) are all interconnected, impact one another, and have an influence on other bodily systems. Read more about this here.
Comprehensive Stool Test GI-MAP
This GI Pathogen Screen is a comprehensive analysis of intestinal health. The test detects the presence of parasites, bacteria, fungi, and also has some health markers for further clues about health. Causes for concern are both an overgrowth of microorganisms that are normally present in the intestines and the presence of microorganisms that are not normally present in the intestines. Either condition signals that major physiological pathways in the intestinal environment are outside homeostatic limits. In addition to looking for pathogens, this test panel contains several additional markers which can provide invaluable insight into gut immunity, gut inflammation, pancreatic enzyme activity, and gluten sensitivity. Read more about this here.
Organic Acids Test
The OAT provides insight into the body’s cellular metabolic processes. Organic acids are metabolic intermediates that are produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, or intestinal microbial activity. Marked accumulation of specific organic acids detected in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. The metabolic block may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up or drug effect. Several of the biomarkers are markers of intestinal bacterial or yeast overgrowth
SIBO Lactulose Breath Test: This lab screens for the presence of bacterial overgrowth in the small intestines. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth is becoming more widely prevalent these days and is often a major player in IBS, bloating and gas, chronic heart burn, diarrhea and/or constipation, vitamin deficiencies, chronic pain/fatigue, and much more. Read more about this here.
Complete Thyroid Panel
A comprehensive thyroid test can give more insight into imbalances with thyroid function. It includes central thyroid gland regulation and activity, thyroid production and secretion, peripheral thyroid conversion, and thyroid autoimmunity. Thyroid hormones are primary regulators of the body’s metabolism and imbalances can affect metabolic process in the body creating significant effects on mood and energy levels. This panel tests for: TSH, Free T3, Free T4, T4 Total, Thyroglobulin, Thyroxine-binding Globulin, Anti-Thyroglobulin Ab, Anti-TPO Ab, (and Reverse T3 is also available).
Microbiology DX Nasal Swab: A nasal swab to assess for the presence of staph, MARCoNS, and fungal overgrowths in the nasal cavity. Overgrowths and infections in the nasal cavity are known to contribute to intestinal dysbiosis and keep the immune system activated, resulting in systemic inflammation.
Nagalase Blood Test: This test is an immunological screening that measures an enzyme known as nagalase. Nagalase is known to disarm the immune system by disrupting macrophage activity. Macrophages are white blood cells responsible for engulfing and digesting pathogens, toxins, and any protein that does not resemble healthy, human tissue. There is a high correlation between high nagalase levels and chronic fatigue, brain fog, cognitive impairment, and much more.
Neurogistics: The Neurogistics NeuroFocus Panel tests neurotransmitters in urine and provides a customized Brain Wellness Program to restore natural brain balance.
Kryptopyrrole Quantitative Metabolic Panel (Pylorria): Includes Kryptopyrrole Urinary Quantitative, Copper Serum, Zinc Plasma and Whole Blood Histamine testing (Requires a urine specimen and blood draw). This panel of testing was comprised by the Original Pfeiffer treatment center. The Metabolic Panel identifies imbalances that have been associated with Autism, Aspergers syndrome, ADD/HD, anxiety, Bipolar disorder, assaultive/aggresive/violent behavior, other mental and emotional conditions and schizophrenia.
Additional testing for Food Sensitivities, Neurotransmitters, Intestinal Permeability, Heavy Metals and other functional lab tests are available. They can be discussed in more detail on our Free Intro Session and the Results and Recommendation Session.
Does Insurance Cover Functional Health Coaching Services?
• Functional Health Coaching and Functional Lab work-ups are considered elective care.
• Sadly, none of us can rely on health insurance to cover what we need to regain our health; especially when it comes to chronic illness and/or conditions that are poorly understood and under recognized by the current medical paradigm.
• If one relies solely on health insurance for all of their health care needs, they will be limited to what type of care they receive. The standard of care often involves medications, some type of therapy, and/or surgery.
• With Functional Health we don’t just bring lab values back into value; we address the root cause and ascertain why lab values are not optimal in the first place. However, Insurance is important for Emergency Crisis care but insurance companies do not offer much, if any, coverage for Functional Labs and Health services.
• Although wellness care and functional investigations are an invaluable and often necessary components for optimal health, these types of health care services are not considered to be within the realm of “standard and customary” and are therefore not coverable expenses.
• Functional Health Coaching empowers you to be proactive in your health and wellbeing, and be responsible for the type of care and testing that you want and need. Relying on a system that is not designed to help people achieve deep healing is setting yourself to stay unwell and stuck in rut.
• Since the current medical model is broken it’s time for REAL ANSWERS and relying on an industry that is not fundamentally designed to help people achieve deep healing is frustrating and disastrous.
• Although functional lab fees and health coaching services are not coverable expenses, they can often be medical tax deductions on tax returns. Discuss this with your accountant or tax preparer.
I certainly understand and relate to the concerns that arise when it comes to out of pocket health care costs. Working with a Functional Health Practitioner coach is an investment in one’s life and well-being. Vibrant health and vitality are invaluable commodities and it is much more expensive in the long run to remain unwell.
Regarding lab testing and lab fees
FDN Practitioners are private health consultants and may arrange delivery of lab test kits to be sent to their clients as a matter of convenience only. They are not “ordering” the lab work such as a licensed attending physician orders lab work for a patient. Again, the only thing an FDN does is arrange delivery of the test kit boxes.
The labs that FDN Practitioners recommend are made available to clients who choose to proceed with the lab testing through a “Direct-to-Consumer” lab program. That program is solely a product or service of the lab company involved. In choosing to proceed with recommended lab testing, the client is “self-testing” through a direct-to-consumer program.
The client is entirely responsible for paying the lab fees. Lab fees are paid by clients “out-of-pocket” direct to the lab, as these labs do not bill any insurance companies.
Clients may choose to file a claim with their respective health insurance company for reimbursement of such out-of-pocket expense. However, experience indicates that, more often than not, this is an exercise in futility. Clients should be informed that reimbursement is not guaranteed and is, in fact, quite uncommon. Most claims are denied either because the lab is not covered under the client’s policy, or is covered only if “ordered” by an attending physician.
The bottom line is that clients should be aware that they are; a) “self-testing”, b) fully responsible for paying all lab fees to the lab, and c) not likely to get reimbursed by their insurance company.
Health Savings Accounts
Health Savings Accounts (HSA) are easy to use and cover not only most labs fees, but also some supplements and even adjunctive therapies such as massage, chiropractic, acupuncture, etc. Labs such as BioHealth accept payment from Health Savings Accounts for lab fees and supplement fees. HSA debit cards are easily attained by visiting HSAbank.com. All monies deposited are spent as “pre-tax” dollars and may provide additional tax benefits. This method of saving for and paying for health related expenses can amount to greater savings than applying for insurance reimbursement in the long run.
The First Step is To Fill Out An Application For An Introductory Call &
Health History Session to see if we would be a good fit
Step 1) Schedule a FREE 20-Minute Consult Today!
For NEW clients only
Do you long for a practitioner who will take your health personally?
Symptoms Are Common But They Are Not Normal!
It may seem common in our modern world to have symptoms, but that doesn’t mean that they are normal; headaches, fatigue, extra weight, joint and muscle pain, digestive problems, foggy thinking, trouble sleeping and skin issues are actually messages from your body that you have an imbalance or dysfunction. Symptoms are our body’s alarm system, signaling that there are imbalances that need to be addressed.
These are not just “signs of aging“. Maybe you’ve been struggling with these symptoms and your doctor’s lab results indicate “there’s nothing wrong with you” or you are told that you “just have to live with it and manage the pain”. This is not an acceptable model of health care; as such these symptoms can soon cascade into other areas of the body and create what we call Metabolic Chaos® which leads to further dis-ease and suffering.
Symptoms and chronic health complaints are indeed common nowadays but they are not normal. Symptoms are our body’s alarm system, signaling that there are imbalances that need to be addressed.
Just as turning off a fire alarm in a building without finding and extinguishing all the fires will lead to an inferno, suppressing symptoms in the body without identifying and addressing the root causes will lead to Metabolic Chaos® and ultimately dis-ease.
Instead of just masking symptoms, we will look at how your body is working and seek out healing opportunities. We do this by using Functional Lab Tests to find the H.I.D.D.E.N causes and conditions that lead to your health complaints.
Functional Health and Nutrition can help uncover these hidden stressors
contributing to the root cause of symptoms and conditions such as:
• Chronic Fatigue
• Hormone imbalances
• Decreased Libido
• Lack of Energy
• Sleep Issues
• Stomach and Digestive Issues
• Weight Gain or Loss
• Brain Fog
• Bi-polar/Mood Issues
• Skin and Hair Issues
• Irregular Blood Sugar
• Achy Joints, Muscles Pains
• Nerve pain
• High Cholesterol
• High Blood Pressure
Gut Cause (GC) Self Care Protocol
a customized and practical diet and lifestyle strategy
The program incorporates our DRESS for Health Success® protocol that focuses on optimizing core areas that relate to health. Learning how making small lifestyle shifts can improve your health! This process is very empowering as it teaches clients the skills and arms them with tools they can use as part of an opt-in, self-care program. It is geared for clients who want to take charge of their own health and well-being. This approach has great potential to help clients restore normal function and create sustainable wellness.
Through Functional Lab Tests and a customized diet and lifestyle strategy, you’ll learn how to get to the root cause of your health complaints and return your body to proper function. Functional testing provides a window into hidden, physiological imbalances that may exist in the following areas; hormones, immune function, digestion, detoxification, energy production, and nervous system function.
Medication Versus Education – “We Educate rather than Medicate”
Most clients want to know the following…
1) Do you know what is wrong with me?
While we don’t diagnose or treat any specific condition you’ll most likely have malfunctions at the root of your health complaints which we can identify using functional lab work. Most clients have no idea what is causing their health complaints and neither do their doctors. Many people have been chasing their symptoms for years because other providers can’t find the cause or don’t bother to even look for it. FDN health detectives use functional diagnostic lab work to identify malfunctions at the causal level and engage our clients in a healing process.
Educating the client is the first step in giving them the confidence needed to take control of their own health. Unlike common practice, the goal is to have the client learn what works best for their unique body in combination with understanding the lab results, as well as diet, lifestyle and supplementation recommendations.
2) Can you help me?
Yes, as long as you are as committed to restoring health as we are. If you’re looking for a magic pill or easy solution to ‘rebuild’ your engine, you’re in the wrong place. If you realize your life choices and the foods we eat have a 1 to 1 relationship with how we think, look and feel, and you’re willing to remodel your life for the better, we’re here, and for all the right reasons. FDN protocols are based on healing opportunities, not treating symptoms. It takes time to rebuild, repair or restore normal function to ones cells, organs or systems, balancing body chemistry, detoxification, improving digestion, assimilation and immune boosting, each come with challenges that require persistence and possible course corrections. Restoring hormone balance may happen soon in some people and take more time in others due to how we each respond to our own chronic stress factors.
3) Have you helped others like me?
Yes, we’ve helped thousands of people reach their best level of health in many years. Many clients have completely resolved their health conditions even if they were previously diagnosed with serious medical conditions. There are FDN health detectives in 40 countries helping thousands and thousands of people.
We work with the body’s innate ability and desire to be healthy!
The Gut Cause (GC) Self Care Programs
Personalized One-on-One Health Coaching
“Your Survive 2 Thrive Health Detective”
How the Gut Cause Self Care Program Works
GC Self Care is an opt-in model which requires a strong commitment from the client. If you’re ready to finally get to the root cause of your symptoms and start building your health, here is how the program works…
Program-Time Frame: Since everyone has different health complaints and goals, we will determine which program and a realistic time frame for building health after we review your initial labs. The minimum commitment for the Program is 90 days.
Location: I work with clients all over the world because my consultations take place entirely through Zoom online video conferencing. This allows you to communicate from the comfort of your own home and not have to deal with the hassles of showing up to another appointment in your already busy schedule.
Paperwork: We will both engage in a Program Agreement which will detail the scope of services offered so we are both on the same page as you start restoring and building your health!
Scheduling: You schedule all of your sessions at a time that is convenient for you! My electronic scheduling software is easy to use and will always show my available time slots. You can book them all in advance, or schedule as we go. All appointments must be made (or cancelled) 24 hours in advance. All of my appointments are scheduled to last up to 50 minutes.
GC Self Care Steps:
1) Free Introduction: During this time, we will discuss your unique health concerns and the changes you would like to make in your life. This session also gives us the opportunity to “test-drive” and make sure we are the right fit for each other!
2) Getting Started – Discovery Session: (The Documents) You will receive an electronic packet which will include Intake Forms, the Program Agreement, a Health History Form, and instructions. All of these forms must be completed prior to reviewing your lab results. When these forms are returned, you will receive the introductory educational handouts to begin your program! (The Labs) Your lab test kits will be mailed directly to your home as soon as you enroll. At a minimum GC Self Care requires that all clients complete the BH205 and BH101. Additional testing is available and will be discussed in your Results and Recommendation Consultation.
3) Run Labs: The two suggested tests (BH205 and BH101) are saliva and urine tests that can be completed in the privacy of your own home. Detailed instructions, return shipping materials, and a submittal form will be included in the test kit. The lab fee is paid directly to the lab unless otherwise noted. (The majority of labs available in the FDN Program can be done at home with the exception of any tests which require a blood draw. Specific instructions will be given as to where you should go for this service should you choose to do one of these tests during the program.)
4) Results and Recommendation Consultation: We will review your Health History Form, your health complaints, and look at your lab results. I will provide an educational interpretation of your results and recommend a customized supplement plan to be incorporated in your 90 Day Protocol. If further investigation is needed, we will also discuss additional testing.
5) Program Coaching Call: I provide ongoing support and guidance as you make changes to improve your health. Follow up sessions are usually scheduled every 2 weeks throughout the duration of the program. In each session, we will evaluate your progress (or challenges) and continue to focus on building health! Retesting may be appropriate to establish improvements for some clients as the program continues.
6) Program Completion: The program time frame will vary for each person, but the lessons learned and changes made in GC Self Care are life-long!
So How Do I Get Started?
The First Step is to fill out an Application for an Introductory Call to see if we would be a good fit, then we move on to the Discovery Session.
There are a few options available depending on several factors, which we’ll decide together during our 2 hour Discovery Session where we’ll assembly a detailed health and lifestyle timeline of which comprehensive plan is right for you (see below). This information will be used to identify key health concerns and if any functional labs are needed to undercover any other possible hidden stressors blocking your healing process. It will be from this information that we build your personalized health building protocol.
The goal of the Discovery Session is for you to feel inspired, supported and hopeful about reclaiming your life regardless of how many failed protocols you may have tried. You’ll be provided with some action steps and self-care ideas that you can implement immediately.
Consults take place with Zoom online video conferencing, so you’ll receive support in the comfort of your own home.
In the GC Self Care Program offered by The Gut Cause, you will…
✓ Set and accomplish goals and make changes that are realistic for long-term results
✓ Increase your energy and decrease your stress
✓ Explore new foods and recipes
✓ Work to achieve and maintain your ideal weight
✓ Understand and reduce cravings and caffeine dependence
✓ Discover the confidence to create the life you want
The GC Self Care Programs include:
✓ A detailed evaluation of your unique health concerns
✓ An educational interpretation of lab results
✓ The GC Self Care Protocol
✓ Guidance creating a customized supplement plan
✓ Zoom/phone/skype session consultations
✓ Ongoing support through email
✓ The GC Self Care Nutrition and Lifestyle D.R.E.S.S Handbook
✓ Coaching and guidance to support you in making improvements to your health!
Step 1) Schedule a FREE 20-Minute Consult Today!
For NEW clients only
Do you long for a practitioner who will take your health personally?
Gut Cause Consults and Follow-up Appointments:
60 minute consult: $95.00
30 minute consult: $58.00
Note: The above rates are my standard ongoing rate generally used AFTER completion of a program while we determine the next phase, and to be used as a guide only. These appointments DO NOT include any time spent on outside of the consult. If more time for protocols, research, labs, emails or other administrative tasks, then additional charges will be calculated at these rates.
Those who commit to long term packages that include regular guidance, accountability, course correction and ongoing support do get the best results. However we understand that long term commitments aren’t for everyone, or maybe you’re on the fence and want a trial run.
You are welcome to start with some initial consults and 1-2 functional lab tests that work for you. From here you can decide when and how often the coaching piece fits in with your lifestyle, additionally we have a non-package option listed below that may be a better fit. Please contact me as you do not have to commit to a long term program.
Consults generally take place via Zoom – an online video conferencing platform. You will be provided with a personal Zoom link upon scheduling. Please keep your personal link in a safe place so you can access it at the time of your appointment.
Discovery Session: $345.00
This is where we start in determining your personalized health plan, which precedes any of the plans or programs described. This is the first step in getting to the root of your ongoing health issues. We determine which Functional lab test are needed, if any, address the body holistically with a comprehensive personalized health building program, working on body, mind and spirit bringing your body back into balance.
This session includes a functional blood chemistry analysis of your recent (8-12 weeks) labs to help determine interference within specific organ systems, nutrient deficiencies and factors that may warrant further investigation. These labs can be ordered by their physician or themselves through “direct-to-consumer” programs. The client will be emailed a Quest or LabCorp requisition form for these blood draws, which the results can be sent to The Gut Cause.
A few of the recommended Labs for the Discovery Session are as follows: Comprehensive Wellness Blood Panel, General Thyroid Panel, Thyroglobulin Antibody, Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody, Vitamin D 25 OH, CRP, Magnesium Red Blood Cell. You can search DirectLabs for “Gut Cause Functional Panel” and order this comprehensive panel.
The Discovery Session will help determine which Functional Health Coaching packing is best for you; based on severity, duration and specifically tailored to individual needs.
From here a client can choose to continue on with either the Gut Cause “Pay-Go” non-package option, or any one of the other Comprehensive Functional Health Packages we have offered.
Discovery Session Includes:
• Build a solid foundation based on nutrition and holistic practices to best suit your individual lifestyle.
• Detailed review and interpretation of an in-depth, Health Assessment Questionnaire (HAQ) used to assess function and potential health blocking factors within all bodily systems, current protocol, medical history, lifestyle risk factors, nutritional status, stress resilience, and the mental, emotional, spiritual challenges that accompany chronic health challenges. This Health Assessment Questionnaire form is emailed to you usually within 36 hours once Discovery session is scheduled and paid for.
• Detailed review and functional analysis of a General Wellness blood work Panel (GWP): either you will provide a recent blood panel (within last 8-12 weeks) from your physician or one can be ordered for you. This analysis is important and will help to determine functional labs in uncovering hidden stressors moving forward.
• Review and consideration of all recent relevant lab work-ups from other practitioners.
• Meta-Oxy Cellular Inflammation Test: This is a simple, at-home urine test used to assess inflammation and oxidative stress at the cellular level. It will be mailed to you upon scheduling the Discovery Session.
• Review of your health timeline and current protocol (you will need to articulate and clarify these)
• Up to 2-hours, in-depth Zoom, Skype or FaceTime consult to review all the above points and to make recommendations for moving forward; including (if needed) any standard labs to be ordered by your physician.
• Create a clear vision of what is possible with energetic health
• Feel heard, renewed and refreshed to take action to change your wellness.
► During scheduling of your Discovery Session you will be required to complete a short Health Questionnaire, these questions are important and are used to help uncover imbalances that may be blocking the healing process.
Step 2) Schedule your Discovery Session
Are you tired of conflicting nutritional advice?
Do you wish you could find the root cause of your health concerns?
Do you long for a practitioner who will take your health personally?
Connect with me to get updates and info about how I can help YOU!
Available Functional Health Coaching Options
1) Gut Cause “Pay-Go” Coaching Option
“Pay-Go”: First month $445.00 then $290.00 per month thereafter, cancel any time.
We realize that long-term commitments are not for everyone, so this plan is a “Pay as you Go” type plan. The first month payment of $440.00 is collected up front, and then $285.00 thereafter. The client may cancel at any time at the end of any monthly term. This will allow the client to easily select another plan or work with our 30 or 60 minute session rates.
This plan is designed for clients that want a comprehensive approach but don’t prefer package options or may be undecided. This plan is designed for clients that:
• Are looking for guidance, support, and accountability but not to the extent of any of the other long term comprehensive options.
• Are seeking deeper investigation into their ongoing health issues but may not have the budget for or aren’t able to commit to one of the more comprehensive Gut Cause options.
• Don’t need or want additional mind-body support aspect of healing.
Lab fees and any recommended supplements are NOT included with this plan. Lab fees and the monthly price of supplements will vary based on individual needs. Functional lab fees generally run between $400.00 and $1,500.00, and sometimes more depending on the case. Functional labs are NOT covered by insurance plans.
Gut Cause “Pay-Go” Plan includes the following:
• 90 minutes of one-on-one coaching per month: can be scheduled as one long session or 2 sessions @ 45 minutes each.
• 30 minutes of email support per month.
• Up to 2 hours of time spent on client case outside of consults (within reason) on: reviewing case file/prepping for consults, doing research if needed, creating custom protocols, writing up protocol instruction sheets, ordering supplements, etc. Note: If a client case requires additional coaching sessions and extensive time spent outside of consults then an upgraded package will be recommended.
• Review and guidance in understanding functional lab results and how they relate to a client’s health challenges. • Assistance in creating a customized self-healing protocol with suggestions for: diet, rest, exercise, stress reduction, and targeted supplementation.
• Access to professional nutraceuticals and lab testing.
• FREE access to the True Cellular Detox™ online patient portal training valued at $2997.00. The True Cellular Detox™ program is an integral part of the healing journey and therefore a requirement to participate in this program. The True Cellular Detox™ online training portal includes but is not limited to:
► 90-day detox meal plan and recipes, Smoothie Recipe eBook, Exercise Training, Emotional Detox Training, Detox Exercises, Advanced Strategies for Ketosis and Fasting, Simple/In-Home Toxicity Testing throughout program to monitor progress, Self-Paced Video Training, and numerous Educational Support Articles.
Note: All programs begin with the Discovery Session – described earlier.
$445.00 for the first month and then $290.00 per month until subscription is cancelled. You may cancel at any time.
2) Gut Cause Comprehensive Functional Health Coaching Options
Comprehensive Long Term Functional Health Coaching Packages: Addressing Body, Mind, and Spirit.
These plans are ideal for those who are fed-up of being sick and tired and are in need of a deep and thorough investigation into their ongoing health challenges, and are ready and willing to make a solid commitment to transforming their health.
These Comprehensive options are designed for clients that:
• Are seeking extensive support, collaboration, accountability, and guidance that can be offered through frequent one-on-one coaching sessions.
• Have already tried many approaches with little to no success and ready to try something new.
• Realize that there is a strong mental and emotional stress component at play but need a road map and tools for how to more effectively navigate this aspect of healing.
• Are ready and willing to make a solid commitment to extreme self-care, restoring their health, and transforming their life.
• Desire a healing program that addresses all pillars of health and ongoing, personalized coaching support in all areas of healing: diet, rest, exercise, stress reduction, and targeted supplementation.
• Are seeking a program that provides coaching in the areas of body, mind, and spirit.
These Comprehensive Options Include:
Everything included in the “Pay-Go” option but with more Coaching Sessions and email support, Emails however are not intended to replace consults. These plans also include all time spent on client’s case outside of consults for duration of the program.
• Coaching sessions to be scheduled weekly in the beginning and then every two weeks to best support the client in making sustainable, transformative changes.
• Most consults will be up to 60 minutes; sometimes a bit longer, depending on the client’s unique situation.
Lab fees and any recommended supplements are NOT included with this package. Lab fees and the monthly price of supplements will vary based on individual needs. Clients are responsible for ordering all their own supplements with the provided links to various online retailers. Functional lab fees generally run between $400.00 and $1,500.00 and sometimes more depending on client case. Functional labs are NOT covered by insurance plans.
Note: All programs begin with the Discovery Session – described earlier.
The Comprehensive Coaching options are: 3, 6, 9 and 12-month packages; starting at $2,510.00 with available payment plans. We will determine the right plan for you during our Discovery Session.
Note: $800.00 of the initial payment is non-refundable. Program can be discontinued at any time and all funds for any unused time and or services will be fully refunded. Time and services are kept track of in a time log; clients are only billed for time and services rendered.
Schedule Your Appointment
It is time for you to take things to the next level.
I mean this is your LIFE! You only get one shot at this!
Let me join you in making it the most amazing experience possible… TODAY!
It’s time to practice Root-Cause Resolution and stop chasing symptoms. Let’s Detect and Identify your healing opportunities at the causal level of your health complaints:
• Intestinal Barrier Systems
Only by addressing these key components of health will normal function be restored, anything else is a temporary, Band-Aid fix.
7 Lifestyle Fundamentals To Thrive
• “Choose with energy in mind” – nutritional strategies for increased vitality
• “Move beyond exercise” – using daily habits to increase fitness separate from exercise sessions
• “Use light as a guide” – increasing restorative wellness by harmonizing natural circadian rhythms
• “Be a generator” – mental approaches to generating greater energy, focus and productivity
• “There’s always a choice” – mindset fortitude to take control of your outlook and happiness
• “You are a whole by being a part” – improving emotional health through integrating nature, creativity and community in your life
• “Balance underlies all” – the importance of a balanced life to sustained health, happiness and success